Monday, August 24, 2009

Denny's Pancake Puppies



Denny's Pancake Puppies

Cost: 1.99

Quality:*****
Healthy:**---

Zack:

Denny's Pancake Puppies are actually going for $1.99, but considering that Beth and I shared a glass-full of six, the price really evened out. There's a lot to love about these puppies. They're cheap, tasty, and covered in cinnamon sugar. I'm not sure exactly what a Hush-puppy is, but I'm told this is the pancake-batter equivalent, dipped in a deep-fryer, and then served up in a tall glass meant for milkshakes alongside a saucer filled with syrup.

Many questions come to ones mind while eating, what I would sadly consider, a complete meal such as this. Why is it so cheap? Why does it taste so good? Should I be eating this? And why did Denny's consider a tall narrow glass to be the best technique for serving steaming hot balls of deep-fried goodness? Luckily, these questions can all be ignored. It's better to just accept Denny's Pancake Puppies for what they are: cheap, tasty, and the best investment I've made in my future.

Final Consensus:

I would gladly spend more money for these. Granted, probably not a whole lot more, but I a certain undisclosed minuscule amount nonetheless. The only downside might be the heart-burn and/or heart attack afterward.

Highlights of the meal include sticking your hand deep into the narrow, grease coated glass for that last steaming puppy. It's the little things that matter most.

No comments: