Thursday, July 3, 2008

Clamato Energia - 99 Cent Review



Clamato Energia


Cost: 2 for 99 Cents
Quality: *----
Design: ****-
Taste: -----


Anthony:

A large can of energy drink for 50 cents?! Awesome! Who cares if all the writing is in Spanish, it probably tastes just like a Red Bull... or Toro Rojo. I bought a test can and let it chill for a few hours. After going to the gym in the afternoon I came home rather thirsty. I opened the fridge and, YES! I have an ice cold energy drink! I opened the can and took a huge gulp. Perhaps it was the shock of expecting one flavor and experiencing another, or perhaps it was the rancid tomato taste, whatever it was, it instantly triggered my gag reflex. The as it ran down my throat, the acidic carbonation burned like tequila. Who would buy this more than once?! I just had to give some to Zack.


Zack:

When Anthony handed me his already opened can of Clamato Energia, I didn't think twice about taking a sip.
This is probably why some people argue that I'm retarded.
I literally could not physically make myself swallow a sip of Clamato Energia, let alone drink it. In fact, I ran to the sink and spit out whatever I had in my mouth.

Let this be a lesson for all of us. First, take a good look at the can and make sure exactly what kind of fruit is illustrated on the label. If it has strawberries, mangoes or oranges, you're dealing with fruits that were intended by God to be in sugary drinks. If you see a big red tomato, you're dealing with something that should only ever be on pizza's or pasta. It's just not a good idea. Secondly, make sure the can is in English. Those Spaniards might be hard workers, but when it comes to drinks like this, their thought process is as mystifying as the Japanese. Well, almost as mystifying.

Final Consensus:

Clamato Energia makes for a great prank or dare, but beyond that the only purpose it serves is as poison, and frankly I say you stick with pouring bleach in the coffee. There are some things that are so bad they're good, but Clamato Energia takes bad to a whole new level.

No comments: